CN / EN
CN / EN

Ask a New Question

Get Supports

If you need one-on-one support for confidential technical issues with your project, please click on "Contact Us" below.

XIP on GR551x GR551x

623***567

2023-02-08 04:48

Hi, Goodix!

we use custom board with GR5515IGND

Development is going well, but there is a problem of lack of memory for storing images (LVGL graphics).

To solve the problem, we wanna use already connected FLASH memory via QSPI. It works out of the box, but we'd like to use it in XIP mode. I didn't find in the documentation and examples of instructions on how to enable XIP mode (only a guide to choosing the right memory and a bit of info in the documentation).

Could you share instructions on how to enable XIP for GR5515IGND?

Can we do this from a application (in a app runtime)? Our memory chip is powered by an external PMIC controlled by the GR5515IGND (controled via GPIO). Is this acceptable and are there any requirements for the sequence of switching on the power supply for the chip and memory in XIP mode?

Is the XIPmode implemented at the HAL level or is it a hardware implementation?

0 Favorites

0 Likes

1 Answers

zhongchengzhi

Goodix Employee
2023-02-08 16:29

Hi, GR551X only have one XQSPI :

1. It is fixed on pin GPIO_18~GPIO_23, used to excute the code in from Flash and storage data;

2. If you use GR5515IGND chip, it has been connected to internal 1MB Flash, so the other external Flash(QSPI) can't support XIP mode;

3. If you choose GR5515I0ND/GR5515I0NDA, they don't provide SiP Flash, then you can use XIP mode to load data, but you should keep the Flash power on and let the chip to control the Flash power.

4. XIP(XQSPI) needs the hardware support.

6 Comments

1 Like

0 Favorites

Your comment

You can answer questions after logging in, please or register

Your Voice Matters
Contact Sales

Scan to follow

Open WeChat, use "Scan" to follow.