CN / EN
CN / EN

Ask a New Question

Get Supports

If you need one-on-one support for confidential technical issues with your project, please click on "Contact Us" below.

Debugging GR5515 without using Keil GR551x

die****com

2021-11-09 07:35

Is there any information available about how can one debug without using Keil, presumably using gdb directly? There is documentation about how to compile with GCC in the GCC guide, but after that you are on your own. It would be fantastic if the SDK supported more open environments like purely using gdb, or through Visual Studio Code for example

0 Favorites

1 Like

3 Answers

Ping

Goodix Employee
2021-11-10 09:06

GCC + GDB + linux=eclipse, so we will provide eclipse demo project in next version

0 Comments

0 Likes

0 Favorites

Your comment

die****com

2021-11-09 19:44

Hi Ping, thank you for your answer.

Even if you are not planning on supporting more open platforms like VSCode, it would be good to have any documentation on how to debug the GR551x SOC with GDB without using any particular IDE. At the moment there is only documentation on how to debug with Keil, and I reckon that debugging with GDB (which is part of the GCC toolset) is the biggest missing section of the "GR55xx GCC User Manual". So basically some example on how to start debugging with JLink and GDB directly on the board, since probably that also makes use of the init script. Thank you.

P.S.: I can see that there is an "Eclipse" folder on the "ble_app_hrs", but that must be outdated since it's not working and it's pointing to tens of non-existing files and folders. Therefore I don't know if it's properly configured for debugging on the board

0 Comments

0 Likes

0 Favorites

Your comment

Ping

Goodix Employee
2021-11-09 19:39

we only support ARMGCC/GCC/IAR at present and don't support more open environments plan, please refer to bellow document for GCC and IRA.

https://product.goodix.com/en/product/category/ble

0 Comments

0 Likes

0 Favorites

Your comment

You can answer questions after logging in, please or register

Your Voice Matters
Contact Sales

Scan to follow

Open WeChat, use "Scan" to follow.